Enquire about product codes
GRADES 2 – 4 (8 – 10 YEARS OLD)
CAPS-compliant First Additional Language Programme
A language cannot be learnt if it is not heard and spoken! The educator as facilitator is essential!
It is therefore recommended that learners be lock-stepped, per grade, according to their level of language proficiency. It is recommended that learners start the Afrikaans Phonetics Programme in Grade 2.
Establish a good foundation with Afrikaans. New vocabulary is practised whilst playing fun board games, as well as listening and speaking along with DVDs.
Phonetics programme consists of:
- 12 phonetics modules
- 12 corresponding answer keys • 12 sets of board games
- 12 sets of flashcards
- 12 DVDs
Using the STARTER KIT with a teacher:
- Learners are introduced to the letters of the alphabet phonetically.
- Learners hear the sounds, see the images and practise saying the sounds.
- Learners progress onto blending sounds into words and soon they are reading!
The remainder of the phonetics programme facilitates enjoyable learning by reading and writing in the colourful workbooks (modules).
New vocabulary is practised whilst playing fun board games, as well as listening and speaking along with DVDs.
It is recommended that a school has at least one starter kit.
STARTER KIT includes:
- DVD (with all 40 sounds & charts with the correct pronunciation)
- Teacher’s guide
- Alphabet Flashcards A-Z and with the double sounds and diphthongs.
Grades 3 and 4
Each level of the programme includes:
- 12 modules
- 12 answer keys
- 4 DVDs per level (grade)
* Each DVD contains three e-books of videos, vocabulary flashcards, songs and more for EVERY lesson!