Enquire about product codes
GRADES 1 – 3 (7 – 9 YEARS OLD)
Basic Math skills are introduced, developed, mastered, reviewed and consistently reinforced in a variety of imaginative ways throughout the material and throughout the levels from Grade 1 to Grade 3.
Whilst learning Math, Biblical character traits are taught and reinforced, ensuring that learners are developing holistically at every opportunity. Learning materials can be used in both a conventional and PSI learning environment.
- Numbers in symbol and name from zero to ten
- Counting from zero to one hundred • Simple addition and subtraction
Note: The first three PACEs of this level are completed in conjunction with the ABCs learning-to-read programme.
The learner is introduced to:
- The number line
- Measurement of time, temperature and volume
- SA money values
In Grade 2, the learner:
- Counts by twos, fives, and tens
- Identifies odd and even numbers. • Learns carrying and borrowing.
- Counts by very large numbers
- Tells time
- Recognises geometric shapes
The curriculum is extended as learners prepare for the intermediate phase.
- Expands basic addition and subtraction skills
- Is introduced to two and three-digit addition and subtraction
- Learns Roman numerals
- Learns word problems
- Learns measurements of weight, volume and length