AEE is passionate about potential, and guiding individuals towards a positive future where they can thrive personally, contribute economically and achieve purpose. In order to meet the requirements of individual learners AEE supports a range of Grade 12 exit qualifications, as well as numerous supplementary courses.
EXIT QUALIFICATION OPTIONS
- IEB: The National Senior Certificate (NSC) via the Independent Examination Board (IEB).
- SACAI: The National Senior Certificate (NSC) via the South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute
- The Cambridge International Examination
- The International A.C.E. Qualification in partnership with Lighthouse Christian Academy in the USA
- The General Education Diploma (GED)
Learners can proactively prepare for their futures by completing specialised supplementary courses.
- Aquatic Science
- Environmental Systems
- Child Development
- Principles of Human Services
- Principles of Health Science
- Principles of Business, Marketing and Finance
- Art History
- Music Appreciation
POINTS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING A FOREIGN EXIT QUALIFICATION FOR YOUR STUDENTS:
- Does the qualification qualify for South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) certificate of evaluation (equivalence)?
- Does the qualification qualify for the Universities South Africa (USAf) foreign conditional exemption?
- Is the certificate recognised by SA tertiary institutions for admission purposes?
AEE cautions schools and parents against engaging in qualifications that do not meet the above criteria.
STATUS OF THE A.C.E. SCHOOL OF TOMORROW COLLEGE ENTRANCE CERTIFICATE (CEC)
The Grade 12 A.C.E. School of Tomorrow College Entrance Certificate (CEC) reached the end of its “teach out” phase on 30 June 2019. Beyond this, the qualification will enjoy legacy status which means that it will always be recognised so long as learners achieved cortication prior to 30 June 2019.
Universities South Africa (USAf) has also confirmed, in writing, that any student who has successfully completed the CEC by 30 June 2019 will be able to apply to tertiary institutions via the Senate’s Discretionary Route. After June 2019, students who complete all the requirements of the CEC will only receive a Certificate of Completion from AEE, which does not represent a qualification.
In light of the CEC being phased out, AEE has facilitated a process for students to complete an international A.C.E. qualification via dual enrolment with Lighthouse Christian Academy in the USA.
THE NATIONAL SENIOR CERTIFICATE (NSC) VIA THE INDEPENDENT EXAMINATION BOARD (IEB)
Through AEE Online, schools are able to offer the IEB (NSC) exit qualification. This premium CAPS-compliant qualification is held in high regard by tertiary institutions in South Africa and abroad. Traditionally, the IEB (NSC) has only been accessible through specific independent schools, often at a prohibitively high cost. Through AEE Online, the qualification is not only significantly more affordable, but it enables schools to deliver a more innovative solution. Blended learning combines the benefits of face-to-face teaching time, supervised learning schedules and the efficiencies of online learning.
BENEFITS OF THE IEB
- The IEB is an internationally benchmarked qualification, and is equivalent to Cambridge AS level.
- The IEB is at the forefront of innovations in terms of improvement of examination systems and processes.
- The IEB ensures that it keeps abreast with developments in assessment, by actively participating in regional and international assessment associations.
- The qualifications assessed by the IEB enjoy international recognition.
- The IEB, through their assessments, is motivated to develop learners who are:
- critical users of information
- ethical reasoners
- problem solvers
- creative and reflective thinkers
- lifelong learners
- respectful of diversity, particularly in the South African context
ABOUT THE NSC
- The National Senior Certificate (NSC) also known as a “Matric” has been offered since 2008.
- There are currently three assessment bodies that facilitate the completion of the NSC and are accredited by Umalusi, namely the Department of Basic Education (DBE), Independent Examinations Board (IEB) and South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI).
- Umalusi issues the NSC.
- Our students are registered with the IEB.
THE IEB (NSC) THROUGH AEE ONLINE
AEE Online has partnered with Online School (previously known as Hatfield Christian Online School) to deliver this innovative solution:
- Online School has been operating since 2009.
- Online School is an IEB-registered examination centre (since 2012).
- To date, Online School celebrates a 100 percent matric pass rate.
- Online Schools celebrates a 100 percent bachelor degree pass rate for 2017 and 2018.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE AEE ONLINE IEB OFFERING FOR SCHOOLS
- Christian ethos and values
- Premium CAPS-compliant education
- Retain and grow your student base
- No need to hire specialised IEB teachers
- Reduce compliance requirements and costs
WHAT DOES THE AEE ONLINE IEB OFFERING INCLUDE?
- A choice of 10 subjects.
- Students access their course material online on campus or remotely.
- Christian IEB teachers
- Subject specialists
- Available to assist students remotely both one-on-one and in groups
- Monitor students’ progress and provide proactive intervention
- Set and mark assessments including tests, exams, orals and weekly tasks
- Set, mark, moderate, collate and manage the Grade 12 SBA process
- Contact sessions held at centralised venues to cover practical components of the curriculum.
- IEB compliant exam venues with invigilation for Grade 12 prelim and final exams.
- Upon successful completion of the IEB examinations, learners will be issued with an accredited National Senior Certificate (NSC) from Umalusi.
- The IEB issues each student with a statement of results which is used for application to tertiary institutions.
- English HL
- Afrikaans FAL
- Zulu FAL (coming soon)
- Maths Literacy
- Physical Science
- Life Sciences
- Business Studies
- Computer Application Technology
- Life Orientation
WHAT DOES AEE ONLINE IEB COST?
Parents enter into an agreement with their school of choice. Each school will apply its own fee structure, which will cover tuition costs. There are additional costs such as diagnostic tests, entrance fees and contact sessions. Schools may opt to include these costs in monthly school fees or implement an alternative fee structure as per their school fee policy.
There is an additional exam fee in Grade 12 only, which is an IEB fee.
TEACHER / LEARNER INTERACTION
- Each subject is taught by an online subject specialist teacher who guides students through the academic process.
- Online School teachers are obliged to make contact with their students at least once a week.
- Students can contact their online teachers via e-mail or Google Meet.
- Each online teacher publishes their office hours indicating times for personal meeting via Google Meet (30-minute meeting time) and open office times for three to five-minute questions.
- Students who wish to contact their teacher on Google Meet for a personal meeting must arrange the appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
- We have a 24-hour turn-around time on all communication.
- Each online teacher keeps specific weekly Google Meet hours, which provides further opportunity for students to contact them.
- Supervisors will be kept in the loop with all communication.
- Online teachers are not available on weekends and during school holidays.
For more information contact the AEE Customer Experience Centre on 087 820 4858.
THE NATIONAL SENIOR CERTIFICATE (NSC) VIA THE SOUTH AFRICAN COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT INSTITUTE
AEE-Associated schools may register Grade 10 learners with SACAI to complete the National Senior Certificate. SACAI is an assessment body accredited by Umalusi. Schools choosing the SACA option must be Umalusi accredited. Learners must choose at least seven major subjects as per the Curriculum Assessment Policy Statement of South Africa (CAPS). Learners may follow the suggested NSC aligned course of study provided by AEE. At the end of Grade 11, learners take an examination prepared by SACAI to determine preparedness to complete the Grade12 examinations the following year.
For more information contact the AEE Customer Experience Centre on 087 820 4858.
THE CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATION
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is equivalent to Grades 10 and 11 of South African schooling. The Advanced Subsidiary Level (AE level) is equivalent to Grade 12 of South African schooling. In addition, if learners have successfully completed all previous requirements, they may opt to do the Advanced Level (A Level).
On successful completion of the selected course, learners will have a University of Cambridge International Qualification which is recognised internationally by universities and tertiary education institutions.
There are several different ways that schools and home-schools may register for the Cambridge examinations. For more information contact the AEE Customer Experience Centre on 087 820 4858.
THE INTERNATIONAL A.C.E. QUALIFICATION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY IN THE USA
In partnership with Lighthouse Christian Academy (LCA) USA, learners can write The International A.C.E. Qualification, The College Preparatory Certificate or General Certificate.
LCA is a distance learning institution in the USA which uses the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) programme, and offers an accredited diploma. The LCA high school diploma is accredited in the USA and recognised within the USA and internationally.
AEE and LCA have entered into a dual agreement, enabling learners in South Africa and other African nations to achieve this qualification. Any school seeking to offer this qualification option or individual home schools interested in the option are encouraged to make contact with us through our Customer Experience Centre (087 820 4858). A qualified consultant will assist with details, registration processes, ordering of materials, requirements and the fee structure.
THE GENERAL EDUCATION DIPLOMA (GED)
The GED comprises of a series of tests whereby the learner earns a diploma which is equivalent to Grade 12. The GED qualification is recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as being comparable to the National Senior Certificate (NSC).
The GED is suitable to learners who would like to complete the A.C.E. course of study to Grade 12, and then register to write the GED examinations.